Modules | ID Social
The IgnitionDeck Social Extension (ID Social) makes it possible for IgnitionDeck Commerce members to register for and log into their Member Dashboard using their Facebook account. For sites running IgnitionDeck Enterprise, this means that people can sign up with their Facebook login to create crowdfunding campaigns.
Installation of ID Social
NOTE: In order for ID Social to work properly, your email address in Settings > General must match the email address of the Facebook account you use to create your Facebook App ID.
- Once you have purchased the ID Social Extension, download it from your members.IgnitionDeck.com dashboard under the Licenses tab.
- Install ID Social to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory and activate it. This can be done by either uploading with FTP and then activating via the WordPress Plugins screen, or via WordPress’ Plugin Uploader found in Plugins > Add New. You will now have a new link in your IgnitionDeck settings area called “Social.”
Enabling Social Media Sharing
- Go to IgnitionDeck » Social and activate the applicable social icons under Social Sharing Settings* for sharing options to be made available on the projects.
* Sharing on Facebook requires a Facebook Application ID
- Sharing can be enabled on regular WP posts and pages by checking the corresponding options.
- For sites using the 500 Framework or a 500 child theme, there is also an option to enable social network links in the footer area of the site. Enable the options to be used and enter the corresponding ID for the social account:
Facebook Application and/or Facebook Login
- Log into Facebook and register to be an App Developer at https://developers.facebook.com/apps/. Facebook will prompt you to accept their Terms of Service, and verify your registration via a text message or phone call.
- Create your new Facebook App ID by navigating to yoursite.com/wp-admin/ > IgnitionDeck > Social, and click the “Create App” link. This will take you to Facebook’s app creation scre
- Click the “Add a New App” button
- Click the “WWW” button to make an app for a website
- Give your app a name and a category and click the “Create App ID” button
Paste your website’s URL including the http://
Finally, set the App to Live.
You should now see a Facebook button on your Login and Register pages.
NOTE: This level of Facebook Integration does not currently require app approval from facebook.