Modules | ID Social
The IgnitionDeck Social Extension (ID Social) makes it possible for IgnitionDeck Commerce members to register for and log into their Member Dashboard using their Facebook account. For sites running IgnitionDeck Enterprise, this means that people can sign up with their Facebook login to create crowdfunding campaigns.
Installation of ID Social
NOTE: In order for ID Social to work properly, your email address in Settings > General must match the email address of the Facebook account you use to create your Facebook App ID.
Once you have purchased the ID Social Extension, download it from your members.IgnitionDeck.com dashboard under the Licenses tab.
- Install ID Social to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory and activate it. This can be done by either uploading with FTP and then activating via the WordPress Plugins screen, or via WordPress’ Plugin Uploader found in Plugins > Add New. You will now have a new link in your IgnitionDeck settings area called “Social.”
Enabling Social Media Sharing
Go to IgnitionDeck » Social and activate the applicable social icons under Social Sharing Settings* for sharing options to be made available on the projects.* Sharing on Facebook requires a Facebook Application ID
- Sharing can be enabled on regular WP posts and pages by checking the corresponding options.
For sites using the 500 Framework or a 500 child theme, there is also an option to enable social network links in the footer area of the site. Enable the options to be used and enter the corresponding ID for the social account:
With a Facebook account and a Page created for your site/business, you can create Ads and enable Facebook Pixel to track your campaign.
- Login to your Facebook account and visit https://adsmanager.facebook.com/
Under Account Overview, the Account ID can be found:
Enter the Account ID in the ID Social setting and click the Enable Facebook Pixel ID box to complete the ID Social portion of the set up.
- You will want to go back to the Ads Manager to create your campaign to track the available options in Facebook Ads.
Facebook Application and/or Facebook Login
November 2023 v. 1.1.0
The Facebook Login portion of the module is being deprecated with the change to Facebook's SDK. Recommend using another social login plugin such as WordPress Social Login by miniOrange, Nextend Social Login, or similar.
- Log into Facebook and register to be an App Developer at https://developers.facebook.com/apps/. Facebook will prompt you to accept their Terms of Service, and verify your registration via a text message or phone call.
Create your new Facebook App ID by navigating to IgnitionDeck » Social, and check the Enable Facebook Login box, then click the “Create Facebook App” link. This will take you to Facebook’s app creation screen:
Add a New App to your Facebook Developer Account by clicking the Create New App option
Select Type: None
Enter the Details for your app and click the Create app button
From the Facebook Dashboard, copy the generated App ID:
Back in the Facebook dashboard, under Settings » Basic, enter the App domain (your site's URL), Contact email (should be your Facebook Developer account email address by default), and the Policy and Terms pages for your website:
- Click the Save changes button.
Under Products, click Add Product, locate the Facebook Login and click the Set up button:
Click the WWW button to make an app for a website:
- Enter the URL for the home page of your site, including the https or http protocol, and click Save. Click Next on each step until you reach the end of the Quickstart process. There is no need to copy any of the code provided as it is already in place within the ID Social module.
- Click the Save changes button.
Navigate to App Review » Permissions and Features.
Locate the email permission and click the Get Advanced access button:
Accept the terms required to complete permission activation (you will be prompted to enter your Facebook password to complete):
Successful activation will look like:
Locate the public_profile permission and repeat the process to grant Advanced access to your app.
Finally, set the App to Live and complete the Data Use Checkup when prompted.
Congratulations! You should now see a Facebook button on your Login and Register pages.
NOTE: This level of Facebook Integration does not currently require further app approval from Facebook.