Before you Install the Fundify Theme
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress and the IgnitionDeck Crowdfunding plugins already installed, registered, and set up.
- For instructions on how to install WordPress, please see WordPress.org’s documentation.
- For instructions on installing IgnitionDeck, see the main IgnitionDeck Documentation.
Download the Fundify Theme from your IgnitionDeck Dashboard. There are two ways to install a WordPress theme:
WordPress Upload: Navigate to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme. Click the Choose File button, select the fundify.zip file from your computer and click the Install Now button. Once the theme package has been uploaded, WordPress will prompt you to activate the theme.
FTP Upload: Unzip the fundify.zip package. Using your FTP program, upload the resulting theme folder to your wedsite’s /wp-content/themes/ directory. Then log into your WordPress Dashboard, navigate to Appearance > Themes and activate Fundify.
For more information on using WordPress themes, see WordPress.org’s Documentation.
Create a Featured Project Type
To make use of the Fundify’s ‘Staff Picks’ functionality, create a Project Type with the slug ‘featured’ by going to the Projects > Project Type screen.
Create Pages with Correct Page Templates
When creating each new page, set the page template as follows in the’ ‘Page Attributes’ area of the page’s edit screen.
- Home (Required): Use the Front Page IgnitionDeck template.
- Purchase/Pledge Page (Required): This is a checkout page for IgnitionDeck. This can be titled whatever you like. Once published, connect this page to your IgnitionDeck system by going to IgnitionDeck » Project Settings and selecting the page in the Default Purchase Page section.
- Blog (Recommended: Use the Default Template.
- Staff Picks (Recommended): Displays all projects in the ‘featured’ Project Type. Use the Staff Picks template.
- Recently Added (Recommended): Displays all projects added within the last week. Use the Recently Added template.
- Contact Page (Recommended): A page for displaying a contact form. Use the Contact page template.
NOTE: We recommend using the popular Contact Form 7 Plugin for your form builder, but there are many other options. For instructions on how to build a contact form with Contact Form 7, see their documentation.
Set Your Home Page in Settings > Reading
Navigate to Settings > Reading. In the “Front page displays” section, check the box for “a static page.” For “Front page,” select the page “Home” (created in previous step). For “Posts page,” select “Blog.”
Customize Your Header Logo/Title
Fundify’s Header can be set to use a graphical logo, or to display your site’s title (controlled in Settings > General)
Navigate to Appearance > Header. On this screen, you can enable/disable your header’s logo/image and title text, upload a logo/image, and select the header text color (if the Header Text checkbox is checked).
- If you choose to use the Header Text option, you must click the button to “Remove Header Image.”
- If you choose to use an Header Image option, the suggested width is 230px and the suggested height is 20px.
- If you upload more than one image here, you also have the option to show a random header image each time one of your site’s pages loads.
Create Two Menus in Appearance > Menus and Assign to Menu Locations
Fundify has two Menu Locations: Primary Left and Primary Right. They appear to the left and right of the site’s Header Logo/Text in desktop mode, but in responsive mode, they stack to become one continuous menu. In responsive mode, the Primary Left Menu appears above the Primary Right Menu.
Go to Appearance > Menus. Create your two menus and assign them to the “Primary Left Menu” and “Primary Right Menu” locations.
While you are free to use Fundify’s menus however you want, the following are some items we suggest adding to your menus.
- Home: The page you have assigned as your static front page.
- Projects: A link formatted like http://yoursite.com/projects will show all your site’s projects.
- Featured: If you wish to showcase certain projects, you can do so by linking to certain project categories. See note below on Menu Screen Options.
- Blog: The page you have assigned as your posts page.
- Contact: Your contact page.
- IDC Account Links (Login/Logout, Create Project etc): If you’re using IgnitionDeck Commerce (IDC), you will want your site’s navigation to include links for your customers, supporters, and/or creators to register or log into their Member Dashboard. Fundify will automatically add these links to any menu you choose. Just go to Appearance > Customize > IDC Account Liinks, and check the box for any menu you wish to have these links automatically added to. For more information on implementing IDC Account Links see Documentation on Adding Member Account Links
NOTE: WordPress’ Menu Screen does not show all available content/link types by default. For instance, if you wish to add Project Categories to your menus, you will need to use the Screen Options to un-hide Project Categories from your Menus Screen.
For more information on how to use menus in WordPress, please refer to WordPress.org’s documentation.
Customize Your Fundify Crowdfunding Site
We’ve included a number of options in the Appearance > Customize panel of your WordPress installation that will allow you to make your Fundify site unique.
- Colors: Here you can select colors for your Background Color, Accent Color, and Header Text (if you’re using the text header)
- Header Image: This is a simplified version of the Appearance > Header area discussed above.
- Background Image: Here you can upload an image that will appear in the background of the entire content area that appears below the site’s header and page title heading area. Options are provided for tiling (repeating), both vertically and horizontally, left/right/center positioning, and whether or not you want the image to scroll with the webpage or remain fixed to the browser window.
- General: Here you can enable or disable your site’s responsive functionality (tablet/mobile mode), choose whether or not you’d like your site’s header to scroll or remain fixed at the top of the screen, and select from the “mini” or “normal” header sizes.
- Contact Page:
- Hero Text: The text that appears above the map image.
- Page Subtitle: A heading at the top of the contact page’s content area, intended to be used as a brief message.
- Contact Address: A mailing address for your organization.
- Map Image: Upload a large image here, such as a picture of a Google Map of your organization’s location.
- Hero Unit: The Hero Unit, which appears on your home page, displays text above either a mosaic made from all your site’s project featured images (grid mode), or the most recent project’s main image (single mode). Additionally, if you wish to install a 3rd-party slider plugin, you can enter the plugin’s shortcode here, which will replace the entire Hero Unit on your home page.
Customize Your Site’s Footer
The Fundify Theme has three columns which can be populated with WordPress “Widgets.” When no widgets are added to the three Footer Column widget areas, some default, place-holder widgets are displayed instead. In Appearance > Widgets, drag widgets into “Footer Column 1,” Footer Column 2,” and “Footer Column 3,” to customize the content of your footer. If you need help with how widgets in WordPress work, see WordPress.org’s Documentation on Widgets.