Modules | Google eCommerce Tracking
The Google eCommerce Tracking module permits you to set up Google Analytics on your site to monitor transactions and page traffic.
Note: if you are using the 500 Framework parent or a 500 child theme, you have the option of using the Google Analytics tracking in Appearance > 500 Settings > Google Analytics Code or the Google eCommerce Tracking. Using both may result in conflicting or erroneous data; please see the Google Analytics documentation on how to implement multiple tracking codes.
- Activate the Module in IgnitionDeck > Modules > Google eCommerce
- Log into your Google account and navigate to https://analytics.google.com/
- Sign in or sign up if you don’t have an Analytics account already
- Create the account and include the information about your site to generate the Tracking ID (Google Analytics Property Code).
- Copy the generated Tracking ID. The IgnitionDeck module automatically generates the Tracking script so this step can be skipped.
- Open the IgnitionDeck > Google eCommerce screen and enter your Google Analytics Property Code including dashes
- Save your settings.
For further information on how to use Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Analytics documentation.
Note: the Google eCommerce module currently only tracks Stripe transactions. PayPal transactions are not tracked.