Before you Install the Multifondo Theme
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress and the IgnitionDeck Crowdfunding plugins already installed, registered, and set up.
- For instructions on how to install WordPress, please see WordPress.org’s documentation.
- For instructions on installing IgnitionDeck, see the main IgnitionDeck Documentation.
Download the Multifondo Theme from your IgnitionDeck Dashboard. There are two ways to install a WordPress theme:
WordPress Upload: Navigate to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme. Click the Choose File button, select the multifondo.zip file from your computer and click the Install Now button. Once the theme package has been uploaded, WordPress will prompt you to activate the theme.
FTP Upload: Unzip the multifondo.zip package. Using your FTP program, upload the resulting theme folder to your website’s /wp-content/themes/ directory. Then log into your WordPress Dashboard, navigate to Appearance > Themes and activate Multifondo.
For more information on using WordPress themes, see WordPress.org’s Documentation.
The Multifondo theme uses the powerful and popular page builder plugin, Elementor (free or Pro versions) in conjunction with the IgnitionDeck Crowdfunding plugins. Custom crowdfunding modules, specifically designed to work with the Elementor templates make it simple to design the look and feel of your site and incorporate the IgnitionDeck Crowdfunding functionality, whether for traditional crowdfunding, charitable fundraising, real estate investments, or other equity-raising projects.
The theme ships with a couple of dependencies that will need to be installed. Follow the prompts once the theme has been activated to install both plugins:
- Boosted Elements plugin (required),
- Progression Elements—Multifondo (required)
Setting Multifondo Homepage with Elementor and IgnitionDeck
- Create a new Page and select the Elementor Full Width template. This will be your homepage. Save the blank page.
- Navigate to Settings » Reading and set the page just created as the homepage using the Your homepage displays » Static page and choose the newly created page. Save your settings.
- Navigate to Appearance » Menus and create a new menu for the main menu location and set it as Primary.
- Add the homepage from the Pages section
- (Optional) Create a custom link using the domain name with the slug /projects/ (i.e. https://domain.com/projects/) to use Multifondo's template to dynamically display the published projects on the site in one location.
- Navigate to Appearance » Customize » IDC Account Links and select Primary menu. This will add the Create Account/My Account and Login/Logout menu items to the main navigation.
- Navigate to Appearance » Customize » Header.
- Under Logo you can upload a logo image for your site.
- Under Header Options, set a colour or image to appear in the header area of the internal (non-homepage) pages instead of the default light grey colour.
There are two header sections here: the Header Background which covers the entire area from the browser edge down to your content, and the Header Top Background which covers the area behind the navigation. The Header Top Background is entirely optional and only needs to be used if the navigation background is to be a different colour from the rest of the header or if a transparency over a background image is needed.
- Various sections can be added to the page to create the look and feel of the site to suite your organization's branding. This is done using the powerful modules of the Elementor layout builder. Please see the Elementor documentation for further instruction on setting section backgrounds, dimensions, buttons, animations, and other special effects.
Adding a Projects to the Home Page
The custom IgnitionDeck Crowdfunding module, grid and slider, use the Project Categories to filter and display the site's projects into a grid layout or an animated slider.
- Start by creating the project categories to be used on your site. See the Project Categories documentation for more information on how to create these.
- Once there are published projects on the site, the populated project categories will appear in the Post Query list. You can choose a single category or multiple categories depending on the output you want:
- The grid module can be configured to set:
- the number of projects to appear in the grid,
- the number of columns that should appear on the page (1-6),
- whether pagination is allowed when the total of projects exceeds the limit,
- whether there should be a load more button or more projects should be loaded when the visitor scrolls the page, and
- whether the masonry layout (projects are automatically shifted to fill empty spaces) is used.
- The slider module can be configured to set:
- the number of projects to appear in the slider,
- how the slider is animated on the page (slide vs. fade in) and how fast this occurs,
- how the slider behaves when interacted with (i.e. on hover),
- whether to display navigation arrows for the slider, and
- whether to display bullets to indicate how many sliders are present in the display.
Important note: the crowdfunding modules will not appear on the page until there are published projects on the site. The preview and Elementor editor appearance may differ slightly (i.e. projects may not appear aligned initially or fully populated) until the page is published.