Choose A Commerce Platform
Once you have the IgnitionDeck Framework and its dependencies (IgnitionDeck Crowdfunding and IgnitionDeck Commerce) activated, choosing the appropriate commerce platform is the next step. If you are not sure what commerce platform is best for you, please read the section below titled: Choosing a Commerce Platform for IgnitionDeck.
Setting a Commerce Platform
- Navigate to the IgnitionDeck » Dashboard page
- In the Crowdfunding Integration section of the screen, select the Commerce Platform you will be using and click the Save button.
- If you are using the free version of the IgnitionDeck Crowdfunding plugins, the IgnitionDeck Commerce must be selected as your commerce platform.
- If you own IgnitionDeck Enterprise, the IgnitionDeck Commerce must be selected as your commerce platform for the front end project creator functionality.
- If you own the IgnitionDeck Echelon plugin suite, you have the option of using the IgnitionDeck Commerce or WooCommerce* as your commerce platform.
* WooCommerce plugin must be installed and activated for it to be available as a commerce platform option
Choosing a Commerce Platform for IgnitionDeck
The following is a list of the commerce platforms you can use with the IgnitionDeck Framework and some information to help you decide which choice is best for you.
NOTE: Not every commerce platform is available to to every IgnitionDeck customer. The commerce platform(s) available to different versions of IgnitionDeck are as follows:
|Plugin version||Commerce Platform|
|IgnitionDeck free||IgnitionDeck Commerce|
|IgnitionDeck Enterprise||IgnitionDeck Commerce|
| IgnitionDeck Echelon
||IgnitionDeck Commerce or WooCommerce|
With IDC and the free version of IgnitionDeck, project contributors have accounts created for them when they support a project for the first time. This allows project contributors to log into their Member Dashboard and view their contributions. For site owners, PayPal Standard is available as the payment gateway.
With IgnitionDeck Enterprise and IgnitionDeck Echelon, the IgnitionDeck Commerce platform provides the project contributor with a user account where they can easily manage or renew their contributions and access their contributor rewards, such as downloads, restricted content, etc. IgnitionDeck Commerce seamlessly integrates with popular payment gateways such as PayPal and/or credit card processors (i.e. Stripe, Auth.net, or First Data). Projects can take pre-orders, immediate payments, or a funding threshold can be set. IgnitionDeck Commerce also integrates with SendGrid, Mandrill and MailChimp for reliable and professional communication with project contributors.
If a site owner is setting up a crowdfunding site for their own projects, but already has e-commerce functionality built on WooCommerce and they wish to make their contributor rewards work using their existing WooCommerce store, this setting is available. Contributions that earn rewards will result in WooCommerce purchases.
NOTE: This option is only available for use with IgnitionDeck Echelon when WooCommerce is installed and activated. WooCommerce is not intended for IgnitionDeck Enterprise, since the Member Dashboard and front-end submissions must be handled by IgnitionDeck Commerce.